Last Updated on October 19, 2023 by admin
With the increase in number fraud across the Globe, Access bank has unveiled how customers can easily block account number yourself without calling bank representative whenever their account is comprises
The Magic ussd code *901# Allow account holders to carryout financial transaction from their comfort zone which include getting mini statement of account, block ATM card, pay for bills and many more actives on- the- go from any location both home and abroad provided your phone number is on roaming
You can easily block your account from any mobile phone device not necessarily yours as linked to your Access bank account.The service involves using code or the Access bank USSD to stay safe in the face of danger.
This post will dive more on how to block your Access bank account,Pay bills which include electricity bills, Gotv and Dstv,and get your Mini statement of account from your office or at home without calling Access bank customer care or visiting the banking hall.
How to Block Access Bank Account
The Access bank USSD code allows customers deactivate their USSD profile once their mobile devices get lost or stolen. To deactivate your Access bank USSD profile, simply dial *901*911# from any phone, input the registered phone number for the account you want to blacklist and your USSD profile will be deactivated and blacklisted automatically.”
How to Register for Access Bank Ussd PIN
Please Note: Your USSD PIN is required before any block account request is validated. If you have not previously registered on *901#, you will be required to do so and create a 4-digit USSD PIN.
Follow these easy steps to register and create a PIN,
1. Dial *901#
2. Select any service, for instance, transfer
3. Enter Account number
4. Enter Date of Birth in the format shown (DDMMYYYY)
5. Create PIN, then submit OR
6. Dial *901*0#
7. Enter Date of Birth in the format shown (DDMMYYYY)
8. Create PIN, then submit
Block Account with Access bank Account
To block your Access Bank account using ussd ,mobile app and online banking, follow these steps:
- Dial *901*911#
- Select Option 2 (Block Account)
- Select ‘Self’ or ‘Third party’ for others.
- Enter the phone number linked to the account (s)
- Select the Account you want to block (you can select either one of your accounts or all of them)
- Enter your USSD PIN.
2.Using the Mobile App:
2. Once logged in, navigate to the menu or settings section of the app.
3. Look for an option related to account security or blocking your account. The specific location and wording may vary depending on the app version.
4. Select the option to block your account.
5. Follow any additional instructions or prompts provided by the app to complete the account blocking process.
6. If needed, reach out to Access Bank customer service to inform them about the account block or for further assistance.
2. Once logged in, navigate to the account settings or security settings section of the online banking platform.
3. Look for an option related to blocking or suspending your account. The specific location and wording may vary depending on the platform version.
4. Select the option to block or suspend your account.
5. Follow any additional instructions or prompts provided on the platform to complete the account blocking process.
6. If necessary, contact Access Bank customer service to inform them about the account block or for further assistance.It’s important to note that blocking your Access Bank account should be done in case of emergencies or suspected fraudulent activities. After blocking your account, it is recommended to contact Access Bank customer service as soon as possible to report the issue and seek resolution.
How do I unblock my Access bank account?
You can unblock your Access bank accounts by doing any of the following:
1.Send a duly signed instruction via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Call our 24-hour contact centre on 07003000000 or visit a branch.
3.Visit a branch close to you for further assistance.
How to Pay Bills with Access Bank
You can easily pay for your various bills from Access bank which include electricity, Gotv, Dstv and others
Bill Payment Steps
1. Dial *903# from your mobile phone.
2. Enter 3 for “Bill Payment” option.
3. The menu will display different Bill Payment option available (DSTV, PHCN etc)
4. Enter the number for appropriate option e.g Enter 2 for DSTV bills payment.
5. Supply the necessary details and follow the prompt.
Access Bank Mobile APP bills payment
You can also pay for bills via Access mobile app or via *901#.
.Login to your app or online.
.Tap on menu
.click on utility bills payment
.Select the bills you want to pay
.Enter the Amount and input your password
.Submit to pay
How to check access bank mini statement of account
To check your Access Bank mini statement of account, you can use any of the following methods:
1. Access Bank Mobile Banking App:
a. Open the Access Bank mobile banking app on your device.
b. Log in using your credentials (username and password).
c. Navigate to the Transactions or Account Statement section.
d. Select the desired account for which you want to view the mini statement.
e. Choose the option for a Mini Statement or Last Five Transactions.
f. The app will display the mini statement showing the recent transactions on your account.
2. Access Bank USSD Code:
a. Dial *901# from the mobile number linked to your Access Bank account.
b. Follow the prompts to select the Account Statement option.
c. Choose the account for which you want to check the mini statement.
d. Enter the number of transactions
e.Follow the onscreen message to your Access bank mini statement of account which displace on your phone