Banks in Nigeria has introduce Unstructured supplementary service data (USSD) a strings of numeric codes that will be used to complete specific transactions in a shorter time. This allows customers to transact and enjoy banking services conveniently from their phone, without the use of airtime or data. This service is available 24 hours.
All Nigeria banks ussd code available to all individual account holders (sole signatory) whose phone numbers are registered with any of the mobile network operators (MTN, GLO, Airtel and 9Mobile) and correctly maintained with the Bank.
For the purpose of this content we are going to discuss on how to enroll or register for bank Unstructured supplementary service data (USSD) and transfer money.
1. How enrol or register for Access bank ussd on *901#
To enroll or register for Access bank mobile banking how as ussd code, customers need to follow the steps below:
1. Dial *901# with your registered phone number with Access bank
2. Click on ‘Transfer’
3. Enter the last 6 digits of your Debit Card number (You will be prompted to input your 4. Date of Birth if you do not have an active debit card).
5. Enter your account number
6. Create a 4-digit PIN for transaction authorization
How to transfer money from Access bank
To transfer Money from Access bank account to another Access bank account, kindly dial *901*1*Amount*Account number#.
To Transfer money from Access bank to other banks, *901*2*Amount*Account number#.
3. To buy Airtime from Access bank, dial *901*airtime amount#.
4. To check your Acess bank account balance, dial *901*5#.
5. To buy mobile data from Access bank account, dial *901*8#.
6. To open an Access bank account, dial *901*0#.
2.How to transfer money from Ecobank account
1. To register or enroll for Ecobank mobile banking ussd code dial *326# and follow on screen message for your registration.
2. To transfer money from Ecobank account Dial *326# on the mobile phone number you used to open your Ecobank account, select the bank account and enter your pin
3. How to transfer money and enroll for fidelity Bank ussd
1. To register for Fidelity bank ussd code, Just Dial *770# on your mobile phone and select Instant Banking to choose from the array of services available, and you are ready to go
2. On the other hand, to transfer money from fidelity bank, dial *770*ACCOUNT*AMOUNT# Example From your phone, dial *770*5050123456*1000# to transfer ₦1,000. Follow the on-screen prompts and complete your transfer with your PIN or password.
Fidelity Instant Banking (*770#), you can recharge your phone in just a few seconds. Stay ahead, stay connected!
3. To buy Airtime or recharge card from fidelity bank for yourself Dial *770*AMOUNT# Example: From your phone, dial *770*1000# to recharge ₦1,000 on your phone.
4. To recharge another phone from fidelity bank , Dial *770*PHONE NUMBER*AMOUNT# Example: From your phone, dial *770*0812345679*1000# to recharge ₦1,000 on another phone
5. However, To open bank account with fidelity bank follow the steps below.
Step 1 – Select an account opening option (Select Option 1 if you have your BVN and Option 2 if you don’t)
Step 2 – Enter your first name First Name
Step 3 – Enter your middle name or Press ‘0’ if you don’t have one
Step 4 – Enter your last name
Step 5 – Select your gender
Step 6 – Enter your account officer code or press ‘0’ if you don’t have one
Step 7 – Enter your date of birth
Step 8 – Press 1 to confirm your details and proceed
How to transfer money and enroll for FIRST BANK ussd
To register for first bank ussd code Simply dial *894*0#, a list of masked debit cards linked to your account is displayed.
2. Select your preferred debit card, enter the 4-digit PIN for the selected debit card.
How to buy Airtime for First bank
To buy Airtime Recharge for Self from First Bank: Dial *894*Amount#
To buy Airtime Recharge for Others from First bank : Dial *894*Amount*Phone Number#
To transfer money from First Bank: Dial *894*Amount*Account Number#
To check First bank Mini-Statement of account Dial *894*Account Number#
To check first bank Balance: Dial *894*00#
To open First bank Account Dial *894*0#
How to register for FCMB Mobile banking
To register or enroll for first city monument bank Dial *329# and follow the on screen message, register using any phone type and carry out your transactions on the go
1. You can transfer money from fcmb by Dialing *329*Amount*Account number#
2. Also you can check account balance on fcmb by dialing *329*00# to check balance.
3. Buy Airtime from Fcmb, simply dial *329*Amount# to top-up your mobile phone.
4. To top-up other mobile phones from your fcmb , dial *329*Amount*Mobile number# to buy airtime for friends and family
5. To link BVN to FCMB account, dial *329#, select self-service, select link BVN
6. Fcmb customers can check their full statement of account simply *329#, select statement, select full statement, then select duration (up to 6 months)Your statement will be sent to your registered email address instantly.
7. To buy data from FCMB dial *329*1*Mobile Number# to buy data
8. To block FCM account DIAL *329#, select self-service, select block account
1. To Create a Gtbank Transaction PIN dial *737*5#
2. Input the last 6 digits of your Debit Card
3. Create your 4-digit PIN
How to Reactivate Your GTbank Account
To Reactivate your Gtbank Account simply follow the process below.
1. Simply dial *737*11# on your mobile number registered with the Bank.
2. Input your Bank verification number (BVN)
3. Input Account Officer code (if known) or press 1 to continue
4. To complete your account reactivation, initiate a transaction by buying at least N100
How to open Gtbank Account
To open your gtbank account using ussd code Simply dial *737*0# and follow the onscreen prompts. An account number will be created automatically and sent to you via SMS. Account opening forms are NOT required for the signup process. Once you sign up, look out for your ten-digit account number (NUBAN). You can also use your phone number as your account number at GTBank branches, GTExpress outlets.
How to Transfer to GTBank Account
To transfer money from gtbank to another gtbank kindly dial *737*1*Amount*NUBAN Account Number# (e.g. *737*1*1000*1234567890#) from the phone number you registered with GTBank, then follow the on-screen prompts.
To transfer money from gtbank to other bank account simply dial *737*2*Amount*NUBAN Account Number# (e.g. *737*2*1000*1234567890#) from your phone, then authenticate the transfer with 737 PIN created, hardware token or last four digits of your GTBank debit card.
How to buy Airtime & Data Top-up from gtbank account
To buy Airtime & Data Top-up from gtbank simply dial *737*amount# on your phone (e.g. *737*1000#) to buy airtime.
To send airtime to a third party or to a friend, simply from gtbank account simply dial *737*Amount*Recipient’s number# (e.g. *737*1000*08023456789#) OR dial *737*4# on your phone and follow the on-screen prompt.
Ho to Check Account Details from gtbank
To check for the account balances on any of your Gtbank accounts, your BVN or account number, all you need to do is simply dial; *737*6*1# on your mobile phone and follow the on-screen prompts.
Gtbank salary Advance
As a pre-qualified salary account holder of gtbank, you can get up to 50% of your monthly salary as an advance to meet your urgent financial needs.For Instant gtbank access, simply dial *737*8*2# from your registered phone number with the bank to apply.
Heritage bank ussd code
To register and carry out transaction from heritage bank using mobile banking know as ussd, customers need to Dial *745*accountnumber*Last6digitsofcard#, press ‘1’ to agree to the indemnification clause on your screen.
2. Now select your card type, enter your card expiry date as it is printed on your card,
3. choose the account to be used for transactions as you may have more than one HB account.
4. Then select your 4 digit PIN and finally, confirm your account number and on-boarding details you have supplied. That is; your PIN and account number.
Once done, click send.
With Card registration process for heritage bank *745*Account number*Last6DigitOfCard#
Without Card registration process for heritage bank *745*Account Number#
Change pin with heritage bank ussd kindly dial *745*00#
To check account balance from heritage bank kindly dial *745*0# from your register phone lint to your bank
However, To transfer money between heritage bank dial *745*1*Amount*Account Number# why to transfer money from heritage bank to other banks here in Nigeria dial *745*2*Amount*Account Number#
Buy Airtime from Heritage bank
To buy airtime for self from heritage bank dial *745*Amount# why to buy airtime for others dial 745*Amount*Mobile Number#
Keystone bank ussd
To register or reset PIN for Keystone Bank USSD transaction Dial *7111*0# on the phone number you use to open your Keystone Bank Account to register your pin, then you can create a 4 digit pin, then follow the other instructions.
To Reset your pin for Keystone Bank USSD Transaction Dial *7111*0# on the phone number you use to open your Keystone Bank Account (or where you receive your alert) , follow the on screen instruction to reset your pin.
To transfer money from Keystone bank Dial *7111# and for follow the on screen prompt
On the other hand, to Check Keystone Bank Account Balance Dial *7111*1# on the mobile phone number you used to open your Keystone Bank account and follow the instruction OR Dial *7111# and the press the number 1 on the mobile phone number you used to open your Keystone Bank account and follow the instruction
To Buy Airtime for yourself using Keystone Bank USSD Dial *7111*amount# (for example, *7111*500#, to buy 500 naira airtime for your mobile number registered with Keystone Bank account. and to buy airtime for others dial *7111*Amount*Phone Number#
Bills Payment with Keystone Bank Using USSD Dial *7111*2#. Then follow the on screen prompt to choose Bills you want to pay. Then follow other instructions made available to you.
Polaris bank ussd
Register your pin for Polaris Bank USSD Transaction by Dialing *833# on the phone number you use to open your Polaris Bank Account OR dial *833# to register account, to register your pin, then you can create a 4 digit pin, then follow the other instructions.
To open bank account with polaris bank (*833*1#)
Traditionally, to transfer funds from Polaris bank Dial *833*Amount*Account Number# from your phone line registered with Polaris Bank (alert line), then follow the on-screen prompts.
Securely block your Polaris bank card if it is lost, stolen, expired or missing. Dial *833*4# and follow the on-screen prompts to quickly block your debit card.
To buy Airtime or recharge card from polaris bank Dial *833*AMOUNT# to buy Airtime for yourself or dial *833*AMOUNT*PHONENUMBER# to buy airtime for others and follow the on-screen prompts
Renew your DSTV subscription, pay your electricity bills and fund your Bet9ja account with Polaris bank *833#.
Dial *833*2# from your mobile phone, select your preferred account to pay with, select a biller, and follow the prompts to input the payment details and validate with your PIN to complete the payment.
Stanbic IBTC Bank ussd
How do I register Stanbic IBTC Bank ussd: simply Dial *909*11*1# to create or change your PIN with your registered phone number with the Bank. You will be required to register with the last six digits of your debit card plus DOB for the first time.
To open a zero Stanbic IBTC Bank account, transfer funds, buy airtime/data and access our services dial Dial *909# and follow the on screen message after registration for the code.
Sterling Bank ussd
To register for Sterling Bank ussd just dial *822# and follow the on screen message, then create your 4 Digit PIN
Transfer funds fRON STERLING BANK using 822 anywhere, anytime and to any bank in Nigeria dial *822*Amount*AccountNumber#
To open account with sterling bank Simply dial *822*7# and follow the onscreen prompts.this type of sterling bank account has Maximum single deposit of N20,000
Maximum cumulative balance of N200,000 at any point in time
Maximum transaction limit of N3,000 and daily limit of N30,000
To check your STERLING BANK account number: dial *822*8#
TO check your Sterling bank Account Balance: dial *822*6#
To recharge your phone from sterling bank ussd dial *822*AMOUNT# …Why to To send airtime to a third party from sterling bank, dial *822*AMOUNT*PhoneNumber#
Union Bank ussd
Union bank has a shortcut to getting things done faster and smarter. Don’t be an Uncle Thomas, do it all with *826#
Union bank USSD ShortCodes
1. Check Union Bank Account balance *826*4#
2. Airtime purchase (self) Union Bank *826*Amount#
3. Airtime Purchase from Union Bank – (third party) *826*Amount*3rd party mobile No#
4. Transfers to Union bank account dial *826*1*Amount*Account No#
5. Transfers to Non UBN bank accounts *826*2*Amount*Account no#
6. Bills payment from Union Bank*826*28*amount*userID#
7. Data capture after enrolment from Union bank *826*3*account no#
8. Card management (block and unblock card) Union bank *826*21#
9. Cardless withdrawal from Union bank *826*7*amount#
10. Limit increase of your Union bank account *826*8#
11. Data purchase from Union Bank account *826*9*amount#
12. Mcash from Union Bank *826*22*merchantcode*amount#
Experience the Magic in Banking with UBA *919# TO register with UBA kindly dial *919# and follow the on screen message to sign-up for the UBA USSD code.
To open UBA account kindly dial *919# and follow the easy steps. Your account number will be sent to your mobile line. Then visit any UBA business office with your identification so that your BVN can be linked to the account. Also you can dial DIAL *919*20# to open account with UBA
To transfer money to UBA Account : dial *919*3*account number*amount#……. Also to Transfer to Other Banks using UBA ussd code kindly dial *919*4*account number*amount#
To withdraw money from UBA without your debit card. make use of Paycod ATM Cardless Withdrawal by dialing *919*30*amount#
To get loan from UBA know as Click Credit dial *919*28#
To Retrieve your BVN from You UBA dial *919*18#
However, you can Block your UBA Debit Card by dialing *919*10# OR Freeze your UBA Online Transactions by dialing *919*9#
To get UBA bank Statement dial *919*21#
Check UBA account Balance dial *919*00#
Airtime Purchase for self from UBA USSD *919*amount# why Airtime purchase for others
Customers can also buy Airline Tickets from UBA by dialing *919*12# for Airline Tickets Menu to choose your prefare Airline
UBA Bill Payments dial *919*5#
Unity Bank ussd
To register for Unity Bank dial *7799# and follow the on screen message .then create your 4 digit PIN for transaction authorization.
To transfer to a Unity Bank account, just dial *7799*1*Account No*Amount# (e.g. *7799*1*1234567890*10000#)
To transfer to other Bank’s account from Unity bank , just dial *7799*2*Account No*Amount# (e.g *7799*2*1234567890*10000#)
To Open Unity bank account, Buy airtime and other transaction kindly dial *7799# and choose your destination of your transaction.
Wema Bank ussd
To activate your WEMA bank transfer code dial *945# on the mobile number that is connected with your WEMA Bank account. This is the same number used for transaction alerts.
2. Follow the prompt that shows up on the screen and choose the option to proceed to activation.
3. Add your bank account from which you want to make transactions.
4. Set a PIN.
5. Confirm your PIN to complete the activation process.
6. You’re good to go
Or register for Wema BANK USSD CODE BY Dialing *945*5# and
Follow the onscreen instructions.
2. Provide the information required such as account number, date of birth, new pin, and confirm new pin.
3. After the pin has been created, you can begin USSD banking transactions.
NOTE – This option is only valid for existing Wema Bank account holders.
Wema Bank USSD services and their codes
1. To transfer money from wema Bank dial *945*beneficiaryaccountnumber*amount#
2. To buy Buy Airtime from wema Bank dial *945*phone Number*amount#
3.To check from wema Bank account Balance dial *945*0#
4.To Change PIN from wema Bank: *945*00#
5.To Get your Account Number: *945*000#
6.Open Account from wema Bank: *945*1#
7. Change Account Number from wema Bank: *945*2*oldaccountnumber*newaccountnumber#
8.Account Reactivation from wema Bank: *945*5#
9.To Send Money to phone from wema Bank: *945*6*amount#
10. wema Bank Quick loan: *945*65#
Zenith Bank ussd
Zenith Bank Plc has become the first Nigerian Bank to successfully launch its Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) account control code, *966*911#.
To Create PIN or Reset PIN For Zenith Bank USSD Transaction: Dial *966# on the phone number you use to open your Zenith Bank Account (or where you receive your alert) , then press enter and then press 2, it will ask for the last 4 digits of your debit card (that is your ATM Card number) , then you can create a 4 digit pin
To Block Zenith Bank ATM Card Using USSD Dial *966*911# from the phone number you used while opening your account, to block the debit Card (ATM card).
To open Zenith Bank Account Using USSD Dial *966*0# on the mobile phone number, an account number will be created automatically and sent to your via SMS. In the SMS, check for a 10 digit number sent to you, that is the NUBAN account account.
To check Account Balance from Zenith bank using ussd code Dial *966*00# on the mobile phone number you used to open your Zenith Bank account and follow the instruction.
If it doesn’t work, you then have to register the number by dialing, *966#.
To transfer money from Zenith Bank Account to another Zenith Bank Account dial Dial *966*Amount*Account Number#
Also to Transfer money from Zenith Bank to Other Banks kindly Dial *966*Amount*Account Number#