Pan African Bank has unveiled easy bank close you know as Ecobank Xpress Point Agent which allow existing and new business owners earn extra income from their business location by becoming an Ecobank Xpress™ Point Agent.
The Point of sales POS business provides affordable business opportunity to thousands of individuals and business owners across the country to boost their income ranging from Deposit and withdrawal/token redemption, Mobile airtime top-up, Interbank transfer, Bill payment and International transfer (remittance).
Involving in this kind of business will enable existing business or new entrepreneur owner earn extra income by helping customers with their basic banking transactions at your location under a 3rd party representation agreement with Ecobank.
It’s available to individuals, registered business or association operating in a lock-up location with a traceable address. However, the following business types are exempted from serving as POS agents:
1. Bureaux De Change (BDCs)
2. Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs)
3. Faith-based Organisations (Churches, Mosques etc.)
4. Educations Organisations (Schools, Institutes)
5. Not-for-profit Organisations
What service can you render as POS Agent
As Ecobank Xpress Point Agent you can perform the following transaction as adumbrated below.
1.Deposit and withdrawal/token redemption to customers
2.Pay for Mobile airtime top-up to customers
3.Interbank transfer to customers
4.Bill payment like Dstv, GOTV,Electricity and many more
5.International transfer (remittance)
Documents required to start as Ecobank Xpress Point Agent
1. Passport photograph
2. Bank Verification Number (BVN)
3. Valid means of identification: National ID (NIN Card), Driver’s License, Permanent Voter’s Card (PVC) or International Passport
4. Utility bill of Agent’s operating address (not more than 3 months)
5. Two (2) current/corporate account references or duly completed Character Reference Form
For corporates/SMEs only:
1. Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) Documents for Registered Companies/certificate of registration
2. TIN Number/Tax Certificate for Registered Companies
You can also read: How to become Access bank point of sale (POS) Agent/ CLOSA agent
Required Equipment to start up as agent
1. A desktop with internet connection
Or an Android-enabled device with operation system version 5.0 or later to enable download of Agent App with a dedicated mobile phone number (on MTN, 9mobile, Airtel or Globacom networks)
2. Or a feature phone for USSD transactions
3. CCTV and printer/copier (for international transfer agents only)
Required Capital for start up
Before you start up with Ecobank Xpress Point Agent, you will need to have a Minimum initial float balance of =N=10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira
How to apply for Ecobank Xpress Point Agent
To apply for Ecobank Xpress Point Agent you need to visit ecobank online portal
via https://ecobank.com/commercial-banking/xpress-point-agent-enrolment-form OR Visit nearest eco bank to apply.
Eco bank Cashless Payments (POS)
Eco bank Cashless Payment (POS) terminals make shopping easier for everyone. Ecobank has installed over 13,800 Cashless Payment (POS) machines at stores and vendors near you, and we are continually rolling out more. With your card you are ready to pay in-store, even when you don’t have cash with you.
1. No need to carry cash
2. Pay directly for goods using your secure 4-digit PIN
3. Fast, easy and secure
4. Pay with your card in different shops, as often as you like
How to carry out Eco bank Cashless Payment (POS) terminal works
Simply swipe your card on the machine at a shop or merchant near you.
Enter your card PIN number, without anyone else seeing it.
Get your receipt from the cashier as proof of payment.