In business operations, business owners need to track their summary of financial transactions both the inflo and outflow– bank statement is as important document to know the history of all financial record for record-keeping and to prepare financial statements.
It essential to request bank statements from time to time to enable verify all deposit and withdrawer. Also statement of account is needed to apply for visa whenever you intend traveling abroad either for leisure of business purpose.
Bank statements are requested to prepare ledgers as entrepreneur and ensure the accounts are balanced. To avoid misunderstandings in the bank transactions, the bank statements give clear information on credits and debits. Bank statements can also be used to identify any irregularities in business transactions.
To achieve this, customer will have to apply for bank statement in person or On Internet Banking
This post is designed to solve the issue of how to apply bank account statement in Nigeria, United kingdom and other countries where Gtbank operate using online banking
How Apply for Gtbank statement of account In Nigeria using Internet Banking
To apply for statement of account with gtbank in nigeria customers need to use their online banking by visiting the online portal to login and follow the steps below.
1. Log on to your Internet banking profile
2. Click on Account Statement
3. Use the drop down button on “Select Account” field to choose the account you intend to generate the report.
4. Use the drop down button on “Period” field to select the desired period
5. Click on ‘Go’
5. Once the report is generated, use the drop down button on “Export Format” to select a format.
6. Click “Export Statement”.
Alternatively, you may visit a branch to request for a copy of your statement.
You may like to read: How to secure and protect your bank accounts from hackers and fraudsters
How to apply for E-statement of account with GtBank United Kingdom
If you have account with Gtbank united kingdom follow the steps below.Please note: The GTBank UK e-Statements service is available to customers who provide or have provided the with a valid email address. This service replaces paper statements being provided to customers unless specifically requested.
To sign up for this service, provide us with a valid email address and we will do the rest for you. There are a number of ways to provide us with a valid email address:
1. Log on to Personal Internet Banking, go to Personal Details and update your details;
2. You will receive 2 emails on your registered email address with the Bank if you are new to e-Statements. One of the emails is a password notification and the other email contains a link to your electronic statement.
3.For the first time, you will be required to setup a profile on our secure email platform, Mimecast CCM, by supplying your email address and providing a password that you will always remember. Once you have set up a profile on MimeCast, all you need do is to click on the link on the second email and you will see your statement. Subsequent e-statements will not require the set up process again.
2. Download and complete the ‘Customer Information Update Form’ on our website, scan and send it to Customer Services at [email protected] or post to them at 62 Margaret Street, London W1W 8TF; or Call Customer Services on +44 (0)20 7947 9700
How to access statement of account with Gtbank Ghana
To access gtbank statement of account in Ghana online, customers need to follow the steps below.
1.Log on to Internet Banking
2.Select account statement
4.Select PDF format
5.Click on ‘Generate’ and Export statement
Alternatively, customers can walk into any Gtbank branch to request for their statement of account on business days from Monday till Friday starting from 8 am to 5 Pm