Last Updated on December 9, 2023 by admin
Do you want to correct your name or modify your date of birth as a result of mistakes in your National Identity Number (NIN) or yo want to add additional name There are lots of reasons you might want to know how to update your information to your National Identification Number?
The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC has revealed how Nigerians can modify their information which is known as modification of data of an enrolled Citizen or Legal Resident of age 16 years and above, when the need arises.
Here is the guide on how to carry out Name or date of birth modification,particularly ladies who got married or divorced after they enrolled into the National Identity Database (NIDB) and issued the National Identification Number (NIN),
Also for those adding or changing a new name, newspaper publication and court affidavit are required, while those with misspell name require no newspaper publication.
- Marital status.
- Name not tally with international passport information
- Wrongly spelled name.
- change of address.
- Change of Phone Number.
- level of education.
- change of occupation.
Requirements for NIN Number modification:
Before you can modify or change any information on your NIN Number, Applicants are to present the following documents:
- You need to present the original copy of the NIN slip issued to you after the first registration
- Individual are expected to come along with their printout of the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number given at the bank
- Come along with your Application Letter duly signed for change in the data fields you wishes to modify stating the reason
- During capturing you are expected to submit your Supporting Documents for Data Modification Adult
Fess to pay for NIN Modification
For the date of birth correction, there is a processing fee of N15,000. For card renewal or card replacement, there is a processing fee of N5,000. For the modification of address or name, it is N500 which should be paid via Remitta. The fees are paid to the Treasury Single Account of the Federal Government
How To change or Modification of Name in your NIN Number
To modify change of name in your NIN number you must submit the following documents
- Sworn Affidavit
- Newspaper Extract
- Marriage Certificate (in cases of marriage) .
Change of Address
To change your address in your NIN number you must submit the following documents
- Utility Bill
- Tenancy Agreement
- Bank Statement
- Community leader Attestation
Phone Number due to loss or mechanical damage
To change your Phone Number in NIN Number due to loss or mechanical damage submit the following documents
- Police Report
Level of Education
To change your level of education in your NIN number go along with your;:
- Certificate obtained
Change of Occupation
- Offer Letter
If the modification affects the information on the applicant’s card, the following process will take place:
- A card replacement form will be filled and the old National ID card retrieved.
Once you have the above documents with you depend on your category of information you want to modify kindly walk into NIN office and Modification of Names Available at NIMC Offices Nationwide