“USPF challenges Nigerian Youth to provide solutions to the Nation’s problems”
The USPF is challenging Nigerian youth to engage their ingenuity to solve relevant problems and bring about change through creativity and innovation.
The USPF Innovation Change maker Challenge 2017 is a nationwide competition open to young innovators, software developers, UX designers, students, and other ICT enthusiasts from all over Nigeria. The aim is to tackle a selection of identified problems based on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) as they apply to Nigeria, and offer working solutions to them.
Participants will be required to create their own technology intervention for any of the following areas:
1. Agriculture and Creation of Mass Employment: In the production, storage or distribution of food.
2. Environment: Oil & Gas, Flood, Erosion/Climate Change.
3. National e-data on Poverty, Disease, Security.
4. Health/Lifestyle: Medical Doctors Information Exchange Tool; Health Insurance etc.
5. Epidemic Mobility Tracking Solutions: e.g. Ebola, Lassa fever.
6. Disease Destroyer Games: Educational games on disease eradication e.g. Malaria, Polio, and HIV.
7. Education: Virtual Education, E-Library & E-Learning Systems.
8. Intelligent Technologies for Scientists, Science Teachers, Engineers, etc.
9. Girls4Tech: Interactive solutions aimed at getting young girls interested technology and innovation.
10. Fraud whistle-Blowers: Enabling or assistive technology.
11. Information Technology: Communications Quality of Service.
12. National Security: Cybercrime and Cyber security Solutions, etc.
13. E-Government: Government Automation Processes.
14. E-Commerce: e-Transactions, Payment Systems, etc.
Entry is open to teams of 2 or 4 members (no individuals). Teams with female members will have definite added advantage as USPF seeks to encourage more gender diversity in technology innovation. Thirty (30) teams will be shortlisted (consisting of the top 5 entries from each geopolitical zone) and invited for the national finals, where the top 3 finalists will win the following prizes:
1st Prize – N1, 000,000* plus acceptance into incubation programme
2nd Prize – N750, 000* plus acceptance into incubation programme
3rd Prize – N500, 000* plus acceptance into incubation programme
Change maker Challenge Finals Date: 28th – 29th October 2017
Opening date for registration: 26th June 2017
Closing date for registration: 7th August 2017
For more information and to register, log on to the registration portal at: http://www.uspfchangemaker.ng or contact:
Messrs. Openmedia – Nelson Afundu, 0803 491 4007; email@example.com
USPF – ‘Joke Atte, 0816 391 3797; 09-4617448; firstname.lastname@example.org
USPF: Innovating for the future…
*Monetary prize includes product completion and cash