MTN Nigeria has unveiled process how subscribers can transfer data from their active data balance and Airtime with family and friend. The package is know as MTN’s Gift Data service and MTN Share.
The MTN’s Gift Data service can be use to send and buy data bundles for your other smart phones, modems and tablets and all customers on the MTN network can access the Data Gifting service.
The amount of data you can transfer at time are 50MB, 100MB, 200MB, and 500MB. However, you must ensure you have at least 50MB in your data balance after every transfer for your transfer to be successful.
However, the maximum number of times you can transfer is twice daily, the cumulative amount you can transfer at a given time and in a day is 1GB.Also You can only buy and transfer data from your daily, weekly, and monthly bundle plans, but, you shall not be able to gift from an XtraValue bundle
How to Gift/share MTN Data
To transfer/share MTN data dialing *131*7# on your phone, or visiting myMTN App, sending SMS keyword, or dialing direct shortcodes for the respective options:
Transfer Data: You can now transfer from your existing Data Balance with your friends and family: Simply dial *131*Phone number* Data amount# or, text Transfer<space>Phone number<space>Data amount and to 131
Buy Data for a Friend: You can buy a specific bundle for that special friend and you will be charged from your airtime. Simply dial *131*Bundle Activation Code*Beneficiary’s Phone number#
Request Data from a Friend: Don’t get stranded or go without Data on your phone, you can now request for data from that Special friend. Simply dial *131*7*3#
View Pending Request: To check all your existing requests. Simply dial *131*7*4#
How do I check the balance of my gifted bundle?
You will be able to check your data bundle balance via the following channels:
1. SMS: Texting 2 to 131
2. USSD: dialing *131*4#
3. myMTN App
How to share MTN Airtime know as MTN Share (formerly Share ‘N’ Sell)
MTN Share service allow subscribers transfer airtime(credit) from their MTN account to other MTN customers’ accounts…… MTN Share can be used by all new and existing prepaid and postpaid customers on the MTN network. You can now transfer airtime Free of Charge.
Before you can transfer airtime, you must change the default PIN which is 0000.
How To Change your MTN Share PIN:
1. Send an SMS with your Default PIN New PIN New PIN to 777. For example, send an SMS with ‘0000 1234 1234’ to 777.
2. You can also change your PIN by dialing *777*Default PIN*New PIN* New PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press ok. For example, dial *777*0000*1234*1234# and then send/OK.
3. Immediately you change your PIN using any of the options above, you will receive an SMS informing you that your PIN was changed successfully.
How to transfer airtime using SMS
1. Send an SMS with Transfer, Recipient’s Number, Amount and PIN to 777. For example, you can send an SMS with ‘Transfer 08031234567 1500 1234’ to 777.
2. Upon sending this message, you will receive an SMS asking you to confirm that you want to make the transfer by sending an SMS with ‘YES’ to 777.
How to transfer airtime using USSD
1. Dial *777*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press OK. For example, dial*777*08031234567*1500*1234# and then send/OK. When the transfer has been completed, you will receive a message informing you that the transfer was successful.
Please note that:
1. You can only transfer in Naira amounts and not in kobo, i.e. you can transfer NGN71.00 but not NGN71.99.
2. You can transfer between NGN50.00 – NGN5,000.00 in a single transaction.
3. You can transfer up to NGN100,000.00 from your phone to either a single or multiple MTN accounts every day.
4. There is no limit to the maximum number of transactions per day.
5. If you are a postpaid customer, you will only be able to transfer airtime when your account is in positive. You will not be able to transfer airtime when your account is negative (-). For example, if your account balance is N-300.00.
You will not be able to use MTN Share. On the other hand, if your account balance is N1,000.00 you will be able to transfer airtime up to the available N1,000.00 in your account.