Come to think of it, the economy of today’s world appears to be lacking equilibrium. While some people are making it really big, some are still finding it hard to make ends meet. The former embarked on varying virtual or physical simple tasks as a product of their talents while others offer services.
The latter however rather blame the government for the recession or fail to put in any effort at all. One of the platforms where people explore is YouTube. People get paid by uploading videos of different contexts on the platform. This article would expose you to how to make money on YouTube.
YouTube users are free to upload any user-generated content onto the platform, including homemade comical shorts, memorable moments in life, and rants or personal thoughts on anything imaginable.
What is YouTube?
YouTube is an American online video sharing and social media platform owned by Google. It was launched in February 2005 by Steve Chen, Chad Hurley, and Jawed Karim. It is the second most visited website, with more than one billion monthly users who collectively watch more than one billion hours of videos each day.
As of May 2019, videos were being uploaded at a rate of more than 500 hours of content per minute. People who make use of YouTube for profit are known as YouTubers. There are many features on YouTube which make it the number one platform where videos are uploaded and paid for.
Some of these features include: video technology (upgrading, live streaming, quality and formats), users features (community and comment system), content accessibility (YouTube platforms) and international and localization. Both private individuals and large production corporations have used YouTube to grow audiences.
How to make money from YouTube
Making money on YouTube comes in a diverse direction. It depends on the services and the features you decided to go for. Ad revenue is the most obvious way to make money on YouTube. But it’s not the only way—or, to be honest, the best way.
YouTube is half the internet: that’s 1.9 billion users logging in every month. But at the same time, 500 hours of video are uploaded to the site every minute. To start making money on YouTube, follow the following methods.
Also, the platform offers services such as YouTube premium, YouTube kids, YouTube music, YouTube movies, YouTube Go, YouTube TO, YouTube community, YouTube stream, Test tube and lots more.
1. Join the YouTube Partner Program such as Advertising revenue: Get ad revenue from display, overlay, and video ads using google adsense.
2. Sell your own Service or affiliated links where purchases made through the link, or coupon code provided by the YouTuber will help the YouTuber earn a commission on the sale. The marketing agenda is integrated into the content itself and because consumers/viewers generally do not regard YouTube videos as a source of advertisement, marketing in YouTube content can be far more effective than traditional marketing.
3. Create sponsored content: Sponsoring company pays the YouTuber a flat fee, or a specified amount per number of views on a video specifically created to market a brand or product. You negotiate directly with the brand, and they pay you directly
4. Become an affiliate partner: You can sell other business products or services in the form of video, it’s ideal you have channels with millions of subscribers and they have the money that comes along with it. Gamer and comedian, has earned $124 million since 2010. Liza Koshy’s net worth is $4.16 million. Logan Paul makes an estimated $36 thousand a day.
5. Get your fans to pay you directly: Your members make recurring monthly payments in exchange for special perks that you offer.
6. YouTube Premium Revenue: Get part of a YouTube Premium subscriber’s subscription fee when they watch your content. Create content watched by a viewer who is a YouTube Premium subscriber
7. Merch shelf: Your fans can browse and buy official branded merchandise that’s showcased on your watch pages. You must Be at least 18 years old and have more than 10,000 subscribers
8. Super Chat & Super Stickers: Your fans pay to get their messages highlighted in chat streams.
Each of these points have been earning more than a lot for many individuals. It is either you create Adsense content or you market your product. Get paid during life streaming and many more. You can also decide to be a YouTube affiliate.
Whatever way you decide to take, be sure of one thing: It should be noted that the best way to make money on YouTube is all the ways.
Minimum eligibility requirements to turn on monetization features
Ad revenue: Be at least 18 years old, or have a legal guardian older than 18 years of age who can handle your payments via AdSense and Create content that meets you-tube advertiser-friendly content guidelines
Channel memberships: Be at least 18 years old and have more than 1,000 subscribers