OPENING REMARKS BY NNAMDI OKONKWO, MANAGING DIRECTOR/CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, FIDELITY BANK PLC ON THE OCCASION OF THE GET ALERT IN MILLIONS (GAIM) SEASON 4 SAVINGS PROMO AT THE BANK’S CORPORATE HEAD OFFICE IN VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS. OCTOBER 03, 2019
The Representatives of the National Lottery Regulatory Commission (NLRC), Representatives of the Consumer Protection Commission (CPC), Colleagues in Management, Staff Members, Valued Customers, Gentlemen of the Press, Ladies and Gentlemen.
On behalf of Management & Staff of Fidelity Bank Plc, it gives me great pleasure to welcome you to the Fidelity Bank Get Alert In Millions Season 4 Savings promo. It will interest you to know that this is the 9th savings promo from Fidelity Bank in twelves (12) years.
Highlights of Previous Promo Prizes:
- Get Alert In Millions Season 3 Promo: Doled out a total of N110m in cash prizes. (September 2017 to June 2018)
- Get Alert In Millions Promo Reloaded: Doled out a total of N110m in cash prizes. (September 2017 to April 2018)
- Get Alert In Millions Promo: A total of N105m in cash prizes was won by customers (August 2016 to 2017)
- Save 4 Shelter Savings Promo: 3 Duplexes located in Abuja, Lagos & Port Harcourt; N35m cash in form of rent support. (Aug.2015 to April 2016)
- Save 4 Scholarship Promo: N80 million worth of Scholarship was won. (2014 to 2015)
- Cars & Cash Savings Splash: 25 Hyundai Accent Cars and total of N25 million were given out to commemorate our 25th anniversary. (2012 to 2013)
As with previous exercises, we are using this savings campaign initiative to reward our teeming customers for their loyalty and patronage. The phrase ‘It pays to save with Fidelity Bank’ has become deeply entrenched in the minds of the people and this savings campaign will in no small measure aid the growth of that consciousness.
This promo encourages customers and members of the public to imbibe a savings culture, thus deepening financial inclusion, in line with the mandates of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). There is no gain saying that the mobilization of domestic savings is indeed crucial for raising economic growth.
As an active participant in the Nigerian economy, we are supporting the federal government by making savings available for critical infrastructure deployments that would aid national development.
Ladies and Gentlemen, we are unveiling this unique savings promo to the general public on the back of an impressive half year results for 2019, where Fidelity Bank delivered a solid financial performance in the first half of 2019, recording double-digit growth in key revenue lines whilst achieving significant traction in digital banking uptake.
Digital Banking has continued to gain traction driven by new initiatives in retail lending segment and increased cross-selling of its digital banking products. We now have 45.0 percent of our customers enrolled in the bank’s mobile/internet banking products, 82.0 percent of total transactions now done on digital platforms and 29.0 percent of fee-based income now coming from digital banking.
Retail loans grew after the launch of our new digital lending product dubbed Fidelity Fastloan. In addition, Fidelity Bank is deepening lending partnerships with select Financial Technology (FinTechs) companies.
This promo further underlines once again our determination to improve the standard of living of Fidelity customers. Despite the uncertainties in the Nigerian economy, GAIM Season 4 is our little way of rewarding our customers for their unflinching loyalty and steadfast devotion to the brand.
A total of N120 million plus consolation prizes will be given out to customers during the promo. The promo will also encourage digital banking as customers on boarded through our digital platforms will be rewarded with various amount of airtime in addition to the cash wins.
Below is the promo dynamics:
- Customers to top up existing Savings account with incremental of N10,000 to qualify for monthly draw to win cash prizes of N2m, N1m.
- New customers to open accounts to qualify for draw to win N2m, N1m and consolation prizes of TV sets, fridges and generators.
- Customers to top up existing Savings account with N50,000 and above monthly to qualify for the draw to win Star Prize of N3m
- New customers to open account and grow it to N50,000 to qualify for bi-monthly draw to win Star Prize of N3m
- Customers to maintain monthly average balance of N200,000 to qualify for draw to win 2 prizes of N10m each.
In all, over 200 winners will emerge inclusive of consolation prizes such as Fridges, Generators, TV sets etc. Furthermore, over 400 customers will also be rewarded with varying amounts of airtime weekly.
In conclusion, I hereby enjoin our friends in the media to this good news to the general public.
Thanking you all for honouring our invitation and witnessing perhaps one of the biggest promos in Nigeria.