Meet Botswana’s new Minister of Investment, Trade and Industry, 30-year-old Bogolo Joy Kenewendo.
She was one of the ministers appointed by Botswana’s new president Mokgweetsi Masisi.
Her pictures have gone viral on social media as people across Africa are praising her appointment as a step in the right direction.
In 2016, Kenewendo made news as the youngest member of parliament ever in the country.
She has reportedly done a lot for Botswana in the past.
1. Kenewendo is from Motopi village in the Boteti area.
2. She holds an MSc in International Economics from the University of Sussex (UK), a BA in Economics from the University of Botswana and she is a certified Project Management PRINCE 2 practitioner.
3. Through her hard work Bogolo earned herself a 2012 Chevening Scholar to do her MSc in International Economics at University of Sussex.
4. She was one of two Botswana youth delegates to the 64th Session of the United Nations General Assembly. As part of this responsibility, she was nominated to present a statement of African youth to the Secretary General of the United Nations
5. Her areas of expertise include: Macroeconomic policy, public debt management, trade policy, export development, trade in services, regulatory frameworks, trade related issues, trade and investment policy, industrial development policy, institutional frameworks for policy formulation, poverty alleviation, financial sector development, etc.
6. Not the one to be outshone Ms. Kenewendo was honored with the Ten Outstanding Young Persons (TOYP) award by JCI Botswana in 2012.
8. She previously worked as a trade economist in the ministry of trade and industry in Ghana and was previously employed as an economic consultant at Econsult Botswana.
9. Kenewendo is also a seasoned presenter and regularly provides analysis for local and international press.
Culled from MegaNews