Empowering young people is built into the foundations of the Sustainable Development Goals, an ambitious global agenda to transform our world by 2030. When empowered and strong, young people can create better quality of life for themselves and their communities, and make their contribution to creating inclusive societies and a peaceful world.
The Ndikelionwu Youth Empowerment Seminar (NYES!) is a dynamic and fun program that challenges teens to take responsibility for their life and provides a comprehensive set of practical tools for releasing stress, mastering emotions, and raising self-awareness.
The program shall address:
• Teens’ physical, mental, social, and emotional development
• Breathing techniques to relieve stress and bring the mind into focus
• Skill acquisition like perfume making, soap making, bead/bag making etc
• Practical knowledge to create awareness
• Experiential processes to develop problem-solving strategies
• Dynamic group discussions designed to help teens feel at ease in challenging situations, increase confidence, withstand criticism and peer pressure
• Political talk by politicians, aspirants, top civil servants etc
• Sponsorships for any skill acquired
The Ndikelionwu Youth Empowerment Seminar (NYES!) is a joint action from the town union government, Ndikelionwu Youth Movement and Anambra State Government. The programme will come up within this month of February. The event shall be a programme based on non-formal education methodologies that combined peer-to-peer learning, group discussions, debates and presentations. This wiil enable the young participants to acquire knowledge on human rights and inclusion, as well as train them on how to conduct needs analysis and develop community projects aimed at improvement of local integration. Stay tuned and remain blessed!!